Havasu Regional Medical Center’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is designed specifically for people with chronic lung disease. It is a medically supervised, progressive exercise and education program for individuals with breathing problems and lung disease. The purpose of the program is to help patients overcome the fear of being short of breath and restore the highest possible functional capacity.
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Department serves patients by offering:
- Education about chronic lung disease and self-management of the symptoms that accompany breathing problems
- Physical Conditioning (after an exercise test) to allow for a more active lifestyle
- Training by members of the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Team in breathing techniques, energy conservation, stress reduction, nutrition and the use of prescribed respiratory care equipment and medications
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a team activity involving:
- Person with a breathing problem
- Personal physician
- Registered Nurse
- Respiratory Therapist
- Medical Director of the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Department
If you have a breathing problem, YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN OUR TEAM. After discussing this program with your personal physician and we obtain a prescription for Pulmonary Rehabilitation, you will meet with members of the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Team.
Education, physical conditioning and training take place during two-hour sessions twice weekly, over a 12-18 week period. Our goal is to return you to the highest possible level of independent living.
Expected benefits of HRMC’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program:
- Improved physical conditioning
- Increased ability to perform daily activities
- Decreased shortness of breath
- Increase in self-confidence
- Better quality of life
- Reduced hospitalization
- Development of healthy habits